Macrogen aims to be a leading global company in the field of precision medicine, developing innovative applications to help humankind lead happier and healthier lives.
With over 20 years experience of research and development work, cutting edge technologies in the laboratory and dedicated staff, we invite you to explore opportunities in our newest subsidiary in Singapore. You can make a difference as we use genomic information to improve healthcare outcomes.
NGS Laboratory Technician
We are currently searching for a motivated Lab Technician to work at our laboratory in Singapore.
Paid training will be provided but the job requires knowledge of basic science to learn techniques/methods. It is important that the technician also understands the role of senior lab members and is able to accept constructive guidance.
Primary duties include:
- Operating a computer-based laboratory information management system, recording data, and performing laboratory tests. Experimental procedures include: molecular biology techniques such as extraction of nucleic acids, gel electrophoresis, quality control, library preparation and sequencing. Duties involve much micropipetting and meticulous measuring.
- Preparing solution, reagents, and stains following standard laboratory formulas and procedures.
- Monitoring equipment performance and maintenance schedules. Conduct routine lab maintenance activities.
- Monitoring inventory levels and orders material and supplies in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Requirements / Preferences:
- Polytechnic diploma or bachelor’s degree in biology/biomedical science or equivalent field, with 1-3 years genomics/NGS experience preferred.
- Organized and keen attention to details
- Prior experience with working within a CAP-accredited lab is an advantage.