Macrogen in collaboration with Prof John Chambers, LKC School of Medicine, warmly invite you to a 1-day scientific conference "Application of Genomics Advances in Healthcare", on Monday Mar 18, from 9 am to 6 pm, at the Ong Tiong Tat & Irene Tan Liang Kheng Auditorium, 4th floor, Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine, Singapore.
International speakers from USA, Finland, Germany, Thailand and Singapore will share their knowledge and experiences on how genomics can be applied to populations, pathways and to people.
4 CME Points will be awarded by the Singapore Medical Council (SMC) to medical practitioners.
Conference is free, but registration is required.
|8 - 9 AM||Registration|
|9 - 10:40 AM||1. Global Initiatives of Precision Medicine|
|Welcoming Remarks||John Chambers|
|Achieving Impact of Precision Medicine Locally, Nationally, and Internationally||Geoffrey Ginsburg|
|Genomics Thailand: Implementing Genomic Medicine in Thailand's Healthcare System||Manop Pithukpakorn|
|BRIDGES: Bringing Research Innovations for the diagnosis of Genetics DIagnoses in Singapore||Saumya Shekhar Jamuar|
|Morning Tea break|
|11:15 AM - 12:55 PM||2. Emerging tools and technologies|
|Growing a Data Biosphere in Asia||David Glazer|
|Clinical implementation of genomics - Perspective from NUH||Tai E-Shyong|
|Challenges in application of whole-genome bisulfite sequencing in precision medicine||Marie Loh|
|The human microbiome – can we afford to ignore it?||Niranjan Nagarajan|
|2 - 3:20 PM||3. Advances in Genomics|
|Polygenic risks and their impact on health behaviour in Finland||Samuli Ripatti|
|Insights from diversity: the GenomeAsia 100K consortium||Hie Lim Kim|
|Low pass sequencing for genomic profiling||Arthur Gilly|
|3:50 - 5:15 PM||4: Translation to the Clinic|
|Clinical cancer genomics in Singapore: is there a role for extended testing?||Joanne Ngeow|
|The SG100K project||John Chambers|
|(Epi)Genomic Precision Medicine in Asian Populations||Patrick Tan|
- Prof Geoffrey Ginsburg, Director, Duke Center for Applied Genomics and Precision Medicine, Duke University, USA
- Prof Samuli Ripatti, Research Group Leader, Institute for Molecular Medicine Finland, Finland
- Dr Saumya Jamuar, Senior Consultant, Genetics Service, KK Women's and Children's Hospital, Singapore
- Dr Manop Pitakpakorn, Division of Medical Genetics, Faculty of Medicine, Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Thailand
- David Glazer, Engineering Director, Verily Life Sciences. Founder of Google Genomics. USA.
- Assoc Prof Joanne Ngeow, Senior Consultant, Division of Medical Oncology, Head, NCCS Cancer Genetics Service, National Cancer Centre Singapore
- Assoc Prof Niranjan Nagarajan, Senior Group Leader & Associate Director, Computational and Systems Biology, Genome Institute of Singapore, A*STAR; Associate Professor, Computer Science, NUS
- Asst Prof Kim Hie Lim, Asian School of the Environment, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Dr Marie Loh, Principal Investigator, Translational Laboratory in Genetic Medicine (TLGM), A*STAR, Singapore
- Dr Arthur Gilly, Head of Analytics, Institute of Translational Genomics, Helmholtz Zentrum München, Germany
Prof Tai E Shyong, Senior Consultant, Division of Endocrinology, National University Hospital; Associate Professor, Cardiovascular & Metabolic Disorders Programme, Duke-NUS, Singapore
- Prof Patrick Tan, Director, SingHealth Duke-NUS Institute of Precision Medicine (PRISM); Deputy Executive Director, Biomedical Research Council, A*STAR, Singapore
- Prof John Chambers, Professor of Cardiovascular Epidemiology, Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine, Singapore
The official hotel for this conference is the Oasia Hotel Novena.
The conference rate is SGD210++/night including breakfast and internet.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for the booking form which must be submitted before 28 Feb 2019.
An alternative hotel is the Courtyard Singapore Novena.
Both hotels are connected to LKC Medicine via linkbridge through the shopping centre and Tan Tock Seng Hospital.
Organized in partnership with Prof John Chambers, Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine, Nanyang Technological University.
This event is partly funded by a grant from the Korea Trade-Investment Promotion Agency.