Macrogen APAC is a genomics services company providing services to researchers and clinicians. We are now hiring an individual who will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the bioinformatics centre.
Reporting to the Chief Bioinformatician, the Team Leader will actively support APAC operations in areas such as the development of clinical genomics tests, validation of new test protocols, quality control systems.
The Team Leader is also expected to train and supervise junior bioinformatics staff, and work closely with graduate students and collaborators in research projects.
We currently have an opening for a sales executive in our facility at Biopolis, Singapore.
The successful candidate will increase sales by improving awareness of Macrogen, generate new sales leads, closing sales, maintain and improve market intelligence & monitor competitor promotional activities.
Primary duties include:
Requirements / Preferences:
• Operating a computer-based laboratory information management system, recording data, and performing laboratory tests. Experimental procedures include: molecular biology techniques such as bacteria cell cultures, isolation of DNA, gel electrophoresis, and PCR. Duties involve much micropipetting and meticulous measuring.
• Interacting with customers to provide information in response to inquiries, concerns, and requests about services and analysis results.
• Preparing solution, reagents, and stains following standard laboratory formulas and procedures.
• Monitoring equipment performance and maintenance schedules. May perform routine repair or replacement of standard parts.
• Monitoring inventory levels and orders material and supplies in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Polytechnic diploma or bachelor’s degree in biology/biomedical science or equivalent field, with 1-3 years genomics/NGS preferred.
• Organized and keen attention to details
• Prior experience with working within a CAP-accredited lab is an advantage
• Prior experience with working on NGS library preparation especially with Exome